Scholarship Banquet Photos
Welcome to our Media page. On this page you can view ONMA members in action at different events. Most recently we've had a banquet celebrating 2022 graduates and various businesses. Take a look at the photos and enjoy!
ONMA offered 5 Financial Awards in the amount of $1,000.00 per scholarship award. The Eligibility Requirements are:
1. Graduating high school Senior
2. Current resident of the City of South Fulton or College Park or must be sponsored by a financial member of ONMA
3. Must be accepted into a 2-year/4-year College or University, Technical School, or program i.e. Professional Certifications
ONMA Scholarship Program
Old National Merchants Association (ONMA) held our 1st Annual Scholarship Awards Program
on June 30, 2022 at Diamond Hall on Old National Hwy in The City of South Fulton (COSF).
Four area 2022 HS graduates were awarded $1,000 scholarships to further their education and
career goals. Scholarships were awarded based on students’ scholastic and academic
achievements, community involvement and character. The scholars receiving the awards were:
- Addison Bennett - Alabama University Psychology
- Nyla Cowan - North Carolina A&T University Computer Graphics Technology
- Joshua Israel - University of North Carolina School of the Arts
- Colin McNair - Tennessee State University School of Business
Proceeds from our upcoming (September, 2022) Annual signature ONMA 5K Walk/Run Race serve as the primary source of funding for these scholarships.
The ONMA 5K Walk/Run Race was started in 2014 by our former Vice President, Kevin Smith. The ONMA 5K race is certified by The Peachtree Road Race to qualify runners in that race to record official time.
Founded in 1989 with the support of then-Commissioner Michael Hightower, along with
well-respected Realtor, Barbara Clay for over 33 years, ONMA has strived to live out our vision of leading the charge in creating economic vitality along the Old National Corridor. We accomplish this goal as we continue to work with our businesses, services, communities, schools, youth, churches, COSF government and all stakeholders and partners.
We welcome your involvement in whatever capacity that will help to foster and strengthen the Old National Corridor.
SCHOLARSHIP! SCHOLARSHIP! SCHOLARSHIP!
GRADUATING SENIORS AWARDED $1000 SCHOLARSHIPS
ONMA recently held a Scholarship banquet for the seniors who were awarded the $1000 prize. Click the button to take a look at the photos from the event.